2.14.2018

He's never bought me flowers...

 
Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day…the day that you show the people in your life just how much you love and care about them by buying them things….and it’s a day that more than likely, I will not receive a single present. I could be bitter about it….I could let it hurt my feelings…I could compare my relationship to others by the things they get tomorrow….but I’ve grown to realize that it’s not what Aaron does or doesn’t do on this day that proves to me that he loves me, it’s what he does consistently every single day. 

You see, every single morning when he’s gone off to work he sends me a text telling me how much he loves me and how he hopes my day goes well. Throughout my day he sends little reminders of how much I’m loved and thought of. As soon as he’s off work, he texts and calls throughout the evening, and there are nights when he drives all the way home just to spend a few hours with me before he has to sleep…and he never goes to bed without reminding me, once again, how much I mean to him.

This is a man that knows my primary love language is “acts of service”, so when he’s home, he 100% makes sure that my cup is full. He makes me coffee in the mornings, he does the laundry when I’m at school, he cooks dinner and has it ready when we get home. He helps with homework, runs bath water for babies, and takes them to and from basketball practice so that I can have a little time to rest and relax in a bubble bath with a glass of wine. All of these things he does consistently and without me having to ask.

This is a guy that knows my second love language is “physical touch”(I know that comes off as a shocker if you know me well because I despise being touched…but his touch is different). So to make sure I feel his love, he reaches over and holds my hand in the car. If we’re on the couch, he makes sure his arm is around me. If we’re at a table, he reaches over and rubs my leg. In bed every night, he wraps me up in his arms until I fall asleep….and every morning before school he kisses me goodbye. These are things that he initiates because he knows what I need to feel loved.

Aaron could buy me all the gifts in the world, but without the things above, it wouldn’t be enough. I’m beyond lucky to have found a man that shows me love in the ways I need it….and if I never get a single flower from him, his consistent love is enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment